1. To implement the laws, regulations, rules and policies in commerce sectors; to organize the drafting of local laws and regulations in commerce field; to formulate and implement the plans and policies for developing provincial commerce; to study the development trends of economic globalization, regional economic cooperation and modern distribution patterns and distribution system reform and give proposals.
2. To advance the structural adjustment of distribution industries and guide the reform of distribution enterprises; to be responsible for the administration of commercial and trade services and to put forward policies and proposals for promoting the development of SMEs in commerce and trade areas; to formulate and implement the development planning and policies for renewable resources recovery industry; to promote the standardization of distribution industry and the development of such modern distribution modalities as chain store operation, commercial franchising, logistics, e-commerce, etc.; to supervise and administer the special distribution industries (such as auction, pawn, leasing, automobile circulation, secondhand goods circulation, scraped car recycling including disassembling) according to relevant rules.
3. To study and put forward the policies and proposals guiding domestic and foreign capital to flow to the development of market system, foster and develop urban and rural markets; to guide the program of bulk commodities retail markets and the planning of urban commercial networks, and guide the construction of commercial system and the development of community commerce; to advance rural market system construction, organize and implement modern rural distribution networks.
4. To lead the coordination work for rectifying and standardizing market economy order; to formulate policies for standardizing market operation and distribution order; to promote credit building in commerce sectors and give guidance to sales based on business credit.
5. To institute an emergency management mechanism for the market supply of life necessities; to monitor and analyze market operation and commodity supply and demand, investigate and analyze commodity price information to make forecasts, issue early warnings and provide guiding information; to be responsible for important consumer goods reserve management, market regulation and distribution and management of major means of production in line with relevant regulations; to study and draft the development programs, policies and related standards of drug distribution industry, promote the structural adjustment of drug distribution industry, guide the reform of drug distribution enterprises and boost the development of modern drug distribution patterns.
6. To draft and implement policies and measures for promoting the transformation of foreign trade development patterns; to review, supervise and regulate import and export plan and quota for key industrial products, raw materials and key agricultural products (except grain and cotton) in accordance with relevant regulations; to guide trade promotion activities and the development of the foreign trade promotion system; to draw up and implement import and export development planning and policies for mechanical and electrical products; to draft and execute development plans and policies concerning the import and export of mechanical and electrical products and trade in technology; to be responsible for administration of the import and export of mechanical and electrical products, guide and coordinate exports of complete sets of large equipment, supervise and coordinate international bidding work of mechanical and electrical products from Shandong province; to take charge of trade promotion work of high-tech products; to guide and supervise the innovative development of processing trade in Shandong province.
7. To lead the efforts to draft development plans for trade in services and carry out relevant work; to work with relevant departments to formulate and enforce the plans and policies for promoting services export and services outsourcing development; to facilitate the construction of services outsourcing platforms.
8. To boost the regulatory compliance of Shandong’s trade policies; to provide advisory services on WTO related rules and agreements; to organize and coordinate the work pertaining to antidumping, countervailing, safeguard measures and other relevant issues; to guide and coordinate enterprises to investigate antidumping, countervailing and safeguard measures for import products; to institute a fair trade early warning mechanism for import and export; to assist the Ministry of Commerce to organize foreign trade barrier investigations and industry injury investigations; to guide and coordinate domestic efforts in responding to industry security inquires; to take part in anti-monopoly investigation according to related laws.
9. To guide and manage Shandong provincial efforts in foreign investment; to draw up provincial development programs and policies to attract foreign investment; to review and approve, according to relevant authorities, the establishment and changes of foreign-invested enterprises in Shandong province; to supervise and inspect the enforcement of laws, regulations, contracts and statutes by foreign-invested enterprises and coordinate the solution of relevant issues; to guide foreign investment promotion.
10. To formulate Shandong provincial “Going Out” development program; to be responsible for outward investment, economic cooperation and foreign aid work, formulate and implement the development plans and policies; to supervise and manage Shandong-based companies to invest outward and set up overseas establishments (excluding financial companies), overseas project contracting, labor service cooperation and other outward investment and economic cooperation work; to verify and administer Shandong’s aid-providing projects in foreign countries and regions.
11. To be responsible for comprehensive coordination, guide service and assessment of provincial economic development zones; to cooperate with relevant departments to draft development programs and policies for Shandong provincial economic development zones; to take charge of the approval and report of establishment of state-level economic and technological development zone.
12. To promote the construction and related work of free trade area; to be responsible for liaison and coordination work of special customs supervision areas; to collaborate with relevant departments to study and draft development programs and policies for Shandong provincial special customs supervision areas; to cooperate with relevant departments to work well in construction, supervision and development of special customs supervision areas.
13. To develop the economic and trade relations between Shandong province and relevant international economic organizations, foreign local governments, sister provinces (states, counties) and sister cities, establish commercial and trade liaison mechanisms and carry out related work; to guide economic and trade activities with the countries with no diplomatic ties before; to advance economic and trade cooperation with Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and Taiwan region, organize and implement the direct trading activities with Taiwan.
14. To be responsible for the approval and administration of Shandong-based representative offices of non-enterprise economic organizations from foreign countries, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan; to take charge of organization and coordination work of domestic and overseas major commercial affairs; to process visa applications for foreign businessmen; to be responsible for the building of talent team in Shandong provincial commerce field; to take charge of coordinating and advancing party building of non-public enterprises.
15. To undertake other assignments entrusted by Shandong Provincial Party Committee and Shandong Provincial Government.